Monday, August 12, 2013

Colquitt Signs Extension

By Ryan Ebert | Ryan@nflen.com


     On Sunday the Denver Broncos signed fourth-year punter Britton Colquitt to a three-year extension.  That will keep the Tennnessee Volunteer until the year 2016.  He also is the franchise record holder for punting average as he has made and break his own record the past two seasons.

     "I pinch myself everyday driving into work that I'm blessed to do this job." said Colquitt.  "The fact that you get paid to do this is even better.  I think it's just icing on the cake."

He is the franchise career leader in gross (46.1) and net punting average (39.5) for punters with at least 100 punts.  Colquitt was third in the NFL with a 42.1 net punting average and second with just six yards per return!

     He's played every game in his three years with the club.

     "I just want to help the team win and want to go further than we did last year" Colquitt said in May.  "I think if I'm focused on that, the individual things kind of take care of themselves.  That's all good to get kind of up there in the statistics as long as it helps us win."


No comments:

Post a Comment