Monday, June 11, 2012

Broncos host Missy Franklin

by Ryan Ebert

With the 2012 Olympic trials less than a month away, the Broncos had over swimming phenom, local hero, and Olympic hopeful Missy Franklin as she watched the team practice at Dove Valley.

Franklin went on a tour of the facility and ate lunch with the players.  She was told by many of the players that they have her back.

"The chance to come out here is such an honor.  It's so incredible.  I had so much fun.  I got to meet some of my biggest heroes and see some of my other friends.  Eric Decker I got a chance to see him again which was awesome.  But it does, it helps me see that you know what, athletes everywhere are so hard right now.  Everyone's in training or doing something.  Just to know that I have their support is the best feeling in the world."

Franklin was in the pool that morning at 5am training herself for the 2012 Olympic team trials.  While she has plenty of medals already, she is looking to make the USA Olympic team.

"John Elway actually said, 'you know if you think that good things are gonna happen they will.  So I'm like coach Todd says that a lot too.  Just you have to believe in yourself and know that what you've been doing is gonna lead you there, and just relax and have fun and enjoy it.  Cause you're ready for that moment.  So just taking that with me and seeing them.  And I've learned so much.  I mean especially about football today like the training schedules and just seeing them and what they are doing.  It's so exciting, and it's been awesome."

It's been four years since Franklin's last Olympic trials, and she says that she feels completely ready this time around.  She just wants to go to Omaha and start swimming, and getting another chance to represent the United States in London.

"Just knowing that it is probably the most high pressure meet I will ever go to, I'm gonna try and keep that pressure off.  I mean I know it'll be really difficult and there is going to be a lot of pressure, but I know that if I just have fun like I do at every single meet then I just need to relax and enjoy it.  Good things will happen, hopefully"

Good luck Missy Franklin!!   Go for the gold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment