Friday, June 29, 2012

Demaryius Thomas "never really ran routes much"

By Ryan Ebert | Ryan@nflen.com

Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas is the most talented receiver on the roster.  While it he had success with Tebow and ran all over the field, this time with Manning he will need to learn his routes more and be precise with them.

Thomas said this to 790 The Zone in Atlanta:

"To get to play with a future Hall of Famer, I knew I had to step my game up and get in my book more, run routes more, because I never really ran routes much.  So I thought it was gonna be a challenge, and it has been so far.  But it's been good, too."

"You're gonna have to run the whole route tree now.  The comebacks, the slants, the posts, the ins.  And I didn't have to do that much when I was my first couple of years in the league."

This can leave questions as to how well will he be running routes and being in the right spot where Manning would want him to be.  I'm sure the two will hold up well, especially with how much attention to detail and how hard Manning works to be the best he can be.  Through the summer and training camp Thomas will have plenty of time to get his routes down.

1 comment:

  1. Once Manning gets some timing down with these receivers, the passing game is going to explode in Denver. Get ready.

    ReplyDelete